Hunting is a kind of old sport that has been in existence for millions of years. Hunting’s very first purpose is to bring back game and meat for the whole family, which is purely a survival activity. However, in this modern era, hunting is considered as a very challenging sport with a significant number of hunters of up to 1 million in America alone.
No matter which kind of hunter you are: a serious hunter aimed with all newest technology like best red dot sight or an amateur hunter who mainly go for sightseeing; you will all receive a great numbers of benefits from this kind of sport such as improvement in your physical as well as mental health. Hunting surprisingly does also help maintaining balance of wildlife animal in natural habitat as well as contributing to the economy of a particular area where people go hunting.
Here Are the Top 10 Health Benefits of Hunting
- Improve Your Physical Health: Hunting seems to be a not-so-active sport. However, the benefits it brings to health are still very significant. You could improve your core muscles by standing still all day. The sport is very physical demanding as well. Imagine that you have to carry a riffle along a hunting session, which is just like a lifting exercise for muscular endurance. You can also improve the strength of your arms and hands in order to shoot precisely and steadily. Another benefit that hunting brings to your health is that it helps to improve your eyes’ capability when you keep your eyes focused as well as giving your eyes some greens to look into, instead of computers and smart phones. Furthermore, you will have chances to bring home wild animals’ meats, which are lean and rich in protein, not to mention safe to eat. Eating these very healthy meats will also improve your nutrition.
- Enhance Your Mental Health: Hunting is an activity you could do with your family or friends. You can bring your child to a hunting session and teach him the very first lesson of hunting, which could help boost the relationship between you and give your child some lessons about courage and confidence as well. Also being in the nature helps you clear your mind as well as reducing tension and depression. Last but not least, when hunting, sometimes, you need to keep quiet, concentrate and be very patient, which is also good for your mental relaxation.
- Give Your Body An Adrenaline Boost: Hunting is most popular among men may be because it is their instinct to hunt. Holding a weapon and shooting seems to be very powerful and requires a lot of “testosterone”. Your adrenaline will increase and your heart will pulse faster, causing a greater energy running through your body.
- Help the Environment: Hunting advocates believe that responsible hunting could help to improve the environment where they hunt. Firstly, they pay taxes and other charges in order to go hunting. The money will act as resources for maintaining and enhancing the wildlife in the hunting area. Therefore, hunters could contribute to help keeping a well-balanced environment. Furthermore, with conservation effort, along with well-planned hunting seasons and controlling numbers of hunters, some wild animals are reported to increase in quantity such as white-tailed deer.
- Contribute Greatly to the Economy: Hunting industry in America helps to create jobs for nearly 700 000 people. In time of economic recession, hunting does support the economy with the employment issue. Moreover, hunters are reported to spend 100 times than eco-tourists, which also help to increase the GDP of a local economy as well. Hunters spend money on purchasing of tags, licenses, guns, hunting equipment such as red dot sights, and hunting trips as well as paying taxes as well in these purchase. In 2011, hunters spent $38.3 billion contributing the total amount of $11.8 billion in tax revenue for America.
Here are some overall best benefits that hunting could bring to all aspects of life. Not only does it provide you better and enhanced physical and mental health but also help you to contribute to protect the environment and wildlife management and improve the local economy.